Monday, November 15, 2010

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” -George Bernard Shaw

Today is a happy day.

Adam just found out he's been accepted to Northwestern University's Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing Program. He'll be studying under Stuart Dybek, a Chicago writer, a short story genius. 

That means he'll be writing again, his own stuff, instead of just helping me with mine. 

My heart is overflowing with joy for this man who has so much talent but is uncomfortable with compliments. 

He'll be writing again, creating. 

What else is there? 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness..I love Dybek....I just bought a book of his at a book sale at the library....tell adam I am so proud of him
    big time happenings for him
    CL...yes transitions....that's exactly where you are..and it stinks...but the key is to love where you are...see the beauty rather than fight against what was and what you want right now..
    you are here for a reason.....don't ponder it too much...enoy your days of love and always always seek joy and beauty
    for it will lift your heart and life
    I am so happy for you two!!!!!
    and a bit jealous....all the world ahead of you
    wow...can't get over -DYBEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suz, you are the most wonderful person I've never met!! I can't believe you know Dybek. Adam brought him into my life. I just covered one of his stories with my students.."Chopin in Winter"...an amazing piece. Oh, you have no idea how thrilling it is that you know him. And thank you for the kind words and well wishes. As always, I know you're right.

    About everything.

    ReplyDelete